01 What does ‘incoterms’ mean?

Incoterms, short for ‘International Commercial Terms’, is a set of sales terms defined by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC). They are widely used as a standard for international trade because they clarify the responsibilities between buyer and seller.

02 Do i need cargo insurance?

Cargo insurance provides cover for any physical loss or damage during transit. Since many carriers (e.g. planes, trains, trucks, ships, etc.) will have terms limiting their liability for damage during transit, cargo insurance is highly recommended. Please contact us for more information.

03 Who is a freight forwarder?

A freight forwarder is an organization able to handle exportation and importation process for companies (SMEs or multinational), Individual and Association who aim to ship internationally.

04 What exactly is customs brokerage?

As clearance specialists, we manage and control the import of goods on behalf of our customers. This is what we call customs brokerage.

05 What are dangerous goods?

Dangerous goods are solids, liquids or gases that are flammable, explosive or toxic to people, other living organisms, property or the environment. Manufacturers, shippers and transporters MUST know what they are shipping and properly identify, classify, pack, mark, label and document according to Transport Canada’s dangerous goods regulations.

The 9 dangerous goods classes are:

Class 1 Explosives

Class 2 Gases

Class 3 Flammable Liquids

Class 4 Flammable Solids

Class 5 Oxidizing Substances and Organic Peroxides

Class 6 Poisonous and Infectious Substances

Class 7 Radioactive Materials

Class 8 Corrosives 

Class 9 Miscellaneous Products or Substances